Here’s what we got done:
– put up dry wall and painted it with primer
– painted the entire room genesis white (contrary to its name it is not actually white but a subtle grey– very pretty!)
– put up wallpaper
– installed baseboards and casing
– painted baseboards and casing
– installed knobs on folding door and a door stop (the small details make all the difference!)
– hooked up our sink, washer and dryer (yay for clean clothes!)
The door, casing and baseboards are all painted.
I have to admit though that I’m most excited about our feature wall! It’s just what I wanted– a metallic looking wallpaper.
It was our first time applying wallpaper and neither of us knew what to do. The instructions it came with were’t all that clear and youtube videos all seemed outdated, so we kind of winged it. But in the end I have to say it was pretty easy and it only took us about 30-40 mins.
I don’t have any pictures of us installing it because we weren’t sure if we were doing correctly, but if you are thinking of applying wallpaper try the pre-pasted rolls from Bouclair and I’d recommend getting the tray kit.
The room is functional, but it is nowhere near being done. I have yet to install shelves, compete a couple of DIY projects, get some storage, a countertop and organize the heck out of it all.
Stay tuned to see more next week and don’t forget to check out the other ORC participants’ projects here. They are amazing!
Thanks for visiting!